About EcoMove & Trees for Cites
John and Teddy wanted to make a difference to our environment and have partnered with Trees for Cities who have planted over 1,000,000 urban trees in parks, streets, woodlands, schools, hospitals and housing estates since they started in 1993. EcoMove will plant one tree for every moped we sell which will bring real benefits to our cities, health and wellbeing.
Just remember when you buy one of our mopeds you will also plant a tree!!
Trees for Cities Agreement
Trees for Cities (TfC) is an independent charity (1032154) set up in 1993. We are the only UK charity working at a national and international scale to improve lives by creating greener cities. We get stuck in with our dedicated volunteers to cultivate lasting change in neighbourhoods – whether it’s revitalising forgotten spaces, creating healthier environments or growing food with kids.
Our work focuses on areas of social and environmental deprivation, bringing together local communities to work on practical greening and educational projects in urban spaces. Through our work we place a special emphasis on the involvement of local people and especially disadvantaged people who often suffer barriers to participation and are disengaged from their local environment.
We currently deliver projects in cities throughout the UK in cities including London, Reading, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Cardiff, Brighton, Nottingham, Peterborough, Bradford and others. We also deliver projects overseas in cities including Nairobi, Addis Ababa, La Paz and Ica.
Summary of partner company, and aims of partnership
This outlines the agreement made between Trees for Cities (TfC) and EcoMove to develop a partnership as outlined below:
- EcoMove will initiate a cause-related marketing partnership linking tree planting directly with their business activity. EcoMove will donate £5.50 (+VAT*) for every electric moped sold. TfC will convert this into trees at a cost of £5.50 (+VAT*) per tree, which covers the cost of the tree, planting, first-year maintenance, and community engagement. This price applies to the upcoming tree planting season only (November 19 – March 20) and will be reviewed thereafter.
- At the end of the first year of the partnership period, EcoMove will contribute a minimum of £500 +VAT to TfC.
- EcoMove will provide a monthly/quarterly sales update. TfC will then raise an invoice accordingly to be paid within our normal terms of 14 days.
- TfC and EcoMove will agree on key messages and/or a standard paragraph to describe the partnership.
- EcoMove will include a link on its website to TfC’ donation page https://treesforcities.org/donate/ to enable visitors to make a donation to the charity.
- TfC will provide EcoMove with its logo and copy for the promotion of the partnership. Copy and design of any promotional material that includes TfC or using TfC’ logo is subject to TfC approval before printing and distribution.
- TfC will acknowledge EcoMove for its support in the relevant Annual Report and on other relevant TfC platforms. TfC will request approval for logo use and content from EcoMove.
- This agreement is valid for three years until 2022, after which point it will need to be renewed.
Built for speed
Space for two
Extended battery range
Purpose-built for the city